Who I Am

My photo
Bonjour! Kamusta ka! Oh I'm guessing you didn't understand. My name is Erik S. The first is hello in french and the second is how are you in tagalog. Tagalog is my native language in the Philippines. Yes I am a filipino and I'm proud of it!. I like to play basketball, play videogames, and talk to my close friends. I can be funny, quiet, shy, or hyper. I have my studies in aviation but primarily I want to fly across the world.

20090203

The placebo effect


Have you ever wondered if mind can overpower the body?
I think most of the time you can stop pain or anything bad by thinking and convincing your brain that you stopped it and can move on. Sometimes, like a major event, I think you can stress reality and make what you think happened and what you think didn't happen real. If you believe something is the truth, can it be a lie?
Just how a lie detector doesn't necessarily say that what you said is a lie but it detects if your body has changed from its normal state any lie can be the truth.
Sometimes this can occur more often than you really think so. When someone close to you asks how are you, and you really aren't feeling well and you say that you are fine and smile about it are you deceiving yourself or your friend?



The Pretender - Foo Fighters

2 comments:

Michael-Joel LaCombe said...

Good start. Love the Simpsons game. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

yeah. in a test that gave their testers a pain. 65% after taking a placebo (they thought it was a painkiller) said they felt better

Interests...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket